Given the current situation, the 2021 BAS II course will be held virtually over a 4 day period from Tuesday 23 November to Thursday 25 November (inclusive) from 11am to 4pm AEDT. A detailed schedule will be issued to participants closer to the start date.
The safety of the participants and presenters are a priority for the ACATG. It is the intention of the Executive Committee that the course will revert back to a residential course when it is safe to do so.
- Courtney Telega (Accru, Hobart)
- Mark Kingsford (Baker Tilly Staples Rodway, Auckland)
The course will be held over a 4 day period from Tuesday 23 November to Thursday 25 November (inclusive) from 11am to 4pm AEDT.
The 2021 Level II course will be run virtually.
The course is designed for team members with approximately 3-4 years’ experience.
- Development of interpersonal and soft skills
- Examine the role and responsibilities of a BAS senior
- Identify the working style of the participant and tips for working with others
- Understand the fundamentals of networking and business development
- Gaining exposure to various “real-life” scenarios through group role play (with feedback) including:
- Interviewing a potential new client
- creating and presenting a proposal
- managing a fee dispute
- providing various accounting and tax advice
- Exploring the forces of change on the accounting profession
- Identify possible personal and firm improvement opportunities
The course covers a variety of subjects which are discussed under the following general headings.
- Business plans – introduction to Strategic Planning, Continuous Improvement and Business Plan implementation
- Client service – developing relationships with clients based on trust, empathy, commercial knowledge and technical competence
- Client focus – using continuous improvement techniques and performance standards to exceed client expectations and generate fee income
- Career planning – integrating personal goals, life balance and business goals to plan for a rewarding career.
A formal assessment is not completed on each participant. However, where weaknesses are noted, participants are advised and in extreme cases this is fed back to firms, to address the weakness.
All subjects are presented in a discussion group format. There are a few syndicate workshops, but most of the time is spent exploring new ideas within a group environment.
Dress is casual.
2021 course: $1,900 (held virtually)
2020 course: Course not held
2019 course: $2,640