- 9:00am Thursday 14 November 2019 to 12:30pm Sunday 17 November 2019
- Darryl Blake (Speaker & Trainer), assisted by a Partner from a member firm.
Three and a half days (commences at 9.00am on Thursday, finishes at 12 midday Sunday).
InterContinental Double Bay, Sydney – 33 Cross Street Double Bay
Chartered Accountants with 6 plus years of experience, targeted at new Managers and Partners, and Managers and Partners new to your firm.
Attendees will be from any discipline, as the Course does not rely on demonstration of detailed audit, tax or other technical knowledge. Rather, participants’ skills in the areas of communication, leadership and effective management will be strengthened.
- To understand and develop participants’ roles as Chartered Accountants in the current environment
- To consider their roles in developing working relationships and marketable products and services
- To further develop particular skills such as:
– Leadership and management
– Communication with clients and staff
– Delegation, team building and individual motivation
– Goals orientation.
- To realise and be able to apply the importance of understanding yourself and others, and how behaviour patterns may develop
- To develop relevant performance indicators and measurement standards.
COURSE OUTLINE & STRUCTURE
The Course is developed for well-experienced team members, who will be expected to participate in group discussions.
The Course is a combination of presenter-led sessions and other group discussions, facilitated by the presenter and an experienced Partner of a member firm.
It is anticipated that attendance may be limited to 25 persons, with a presenter and Partner who will be involved throughout.
Presentation sessions will include experiential activities as well as theoretical and practical discussions. The style will be casual and participatory throughout the course.
The goals of the programme include the development of a questioning approach and an emphasis on personal understanding and knowledge of others. Therefore, assessment will be more relevant by personal review, than by a formal report prepared by others. Where participants are not playing their part, feedback during the programme will be provided.
No formal assessment is prepared for each participant. We consider that this enables participants to be more open in their discussions, in a ‘safe’ environment. However, where significant issues are noted, participants are advised and in extreme cases this is fed back to their firm, to address the issues.
At the end of the programme participants should have:
- Enhanced their own understanding of their personality style and how they interact with others
- Improved their ability to analyse the current environment and implications for the role of chartered accountants
- Increased their ability to communicate effectively with others in both personal and work environments
- Developed skills and processes to prioritise, to delegate and to develop team working environments
- Established personal priorities and goals for the development of their career.
All materials, workbooks, facilities and meals will be provided.
Participants will invest three and a half days, and will be expected to perform individual and group activities. While certain activities will concentrate on personal goals and personality styles, participants are encouraged to share openly in discussions in these areas.
Dress is casual.
2019 course: $3,850
2018 course: $3,850